Twin Oaks Ice Rink Participant
To be filled out by every skater on team.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Twin Oaks Ice Rink Adult League, related events and activities, I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown of my participation in Twin Oaks Ice Rink programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in these programs. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS TWIN OAKS ICE RINK, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Arbitration: In further consideration of allowing me to participate in the aforementioned activities, I hereby agree to submit to binding arbitration any and all claims which I believe I may have against the facility arising from my activities at the facility. The arbitration shall be pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrators shall apply the Federal Rules of Evidence to all proceedings.
Arbitration shall be commenced within one (1) year from the date on which any alleged claim first arose. Further, the arbitration shall be held in the town where Twin Oaks Ice Rink is located, unless otherwise mutually agreed to by all parties. The submission to the American Arbitration Association shall be unlimited and the arbitration award my be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.